Hummers

On or around Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:11:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@lardrover.co.uk enlightened us thusly:

f*ck orft.

but in all seriousness, the seat frame is poorly designed/made; and also, the seat foam gives up the ghost an' all. Unfortunately, the fabric appears to be built into it, in some way, which rather precludes replacing just the foam part, even if it can be got.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Had them both parked up outside the house last week. One neighbour came up to me and said it was nice to see a bit of colour on the street.

Reply to
wayne

I always thought there were good alternatives out there from other cars, Volvo's with heated leather seats etc?

Got an old sofa here, any use?

Reply to
wayne

On or around Mon, 25 Apr 2005 12:34:33 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@lardrover.co.uk enlightened us thusly:

dunno, for the disco. The other thing about it is it looks quite tricky to get the seat off the runners. Not tried it, mind, as such. If you can get the seat off the runners, then most other seats could be fitted, I suspect. I've a lot of time for Sierra seats, meself; I daresay a set of them would be quite nice in the disco, but I sold 'em with the 110. If I'd been thinking, I'd have replaced the original 110 seats in it... still, plenty in the breakers, innit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

May I echo that sentiment...

Reply to
Mother

Remind me to take the barbed wire nippleclamps to the next show you'll be at...

Reply to
Mother

This is supposed to deter me somehow....?

Reply to
wayne

I think you're confusing it with the Mercedes G-Wagen which has had that complaint levelled against it many times, the Pinz has swing axles pivoted in the middle of the chassis, extremely good axle articulation and portal axles. It's a very serious piece of kit indeed, although it's rotten for driving long distances, very noisy transmission indeed and a low top speed.

If there's one thing it's much better than the landy at, it's off-roading. You can't start whacking enormous wheels on it though like you can with the landy and parts are expensive. I've seen a pinz waltzing along a dried up river bed littered with very large boulders though so there's not much need for it.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Well every vehicle has its place (except Hummers of course). My Limo was not for offroading but it was certainly a damn site more comfortable for long distance cruising.

101's are awesome vehicles and though I would like one, I think as an all rounder a series or a defender cannot be beaten.

obviosly an upto date 4wd agricultural tractor will out perform anything off road Hummers, Pinzgaurs, and Abrams tanks alike because of the low ground pressure and huge wheels but a humble trail bike will still go where none of them can

Reply to
Larry