Identification help please

My RRC is very much a bitsa model and has had numerous upgrades and additions. I need to order spares from Ireland and am stumped by the fact that changes were made in July 85. Haynes and the workshop manuals often do not specify the changes.

Is there a list of detailed changes?

It is a 1973 chassis but has metric brakes (no ABS) and vented discs

How can I identify whether I have Hub FRC5927 or FRC8532 ??

Equally swivel hub 571749 or FRC8730 ?? as the seals are different.

Any help much appreciated.

John

Reply to
Persheen

A good source of information is the electronic parts catalogue or EPC which you can find on ebay or through the LRO forum.There is also a rivet counters book - Original Range Rover Restorers Guide by James Taylor which covers

1970- 1986 that is more for those folk who want to ensure the motor is just as it left the factory IMO a hiding to nothing as many ex factory RR were shall we say slightly different due to parts availability (my own Vogue had seats which shouldn't have been fitted with those particular door trims and capping according to the books but I have seen several more with that option so its not just a modification ) available on amazon used for about a £10 . Haynes Manual? well there is another addition 1970-1992 with a purple cover which has more detail on the earlier models the later efi's are covered in supplemental info its worth seeking out a copy to see if that more applicable to your car. Derek
Reply to
Derek

Chances are that someone has swapped the whole axle over, so parts books/Microcat won't help much. Strange as it may seem the caliper bolts are a good indication of which axle is fitted, unless someone has gone mad and drilled out the holes! If you can send a picture of said bolt with some dimensions for it to work tomorrow (*not* to this address!) via BeamEnds site I can most likely idendtify the axle, or at least the swivel/hub assemblies. Bitsa motors are a total nightmare to deal with "remotely" - one of our customers if fitting a Sailsbury rear axle to a Discovery I which should cause some fun down the line....

Richard

Reply to
BeamEnds

If you look under the front of the car and clean off the axle casing to the right of the diff you will find an axle number stamped in the casing towards the front/top, this will give you a reliable identification. The numbers are quite large and should be easy to read.

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Thanks Martin

Front axle 12L00917A Vented hubs Metric calipers? Rear axle 28S02863A Metric calipers

I suspect that the front axle is older than the swivels

Reply to
Persheen