ignition timing RRC 1988

Hello group, I have a 1988 RRC (VIN SALLHAML4EA 333910) 3.5 Efi Auto with engine # 25D127045. The only problems I have is that I cannot find a definitive answer to the question what the correct ignition timing is for this engine (0° ± 1 or 6° ± 1) and if it is OK to run it on 95 unleaded. Right now I have set it at approx. 3° BTC and alternate between 95 and 98 unleaded. Is there anybody out there who can help me? Tia, Jan

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Jan

Jan uttered summat worrerz funny about:

My 101 ran on unleaded with no issues so your RRC should be fine. They all have alloy heads with valve seats so you should be ok.

I also ran my '83 RRC for many many miles on unleaded.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

question what the correct ignition timing is for this engine (0° ± 1 or 6° ± 1) and if it is OK to run it on 95 unleaded. Right now I have set it at approx. 3° BTC and alternate between 95 and 98 unleaded.

Hi , I've got an 89 3.5 Efi auto ( VIN FA3... and a 25D1... engine ) the owners handbook states on page 138 : Dynamic Ignition Timing TDC plus/minus 1 Degree at 600 rpm vacuum pipe disconnected.

HTH , Wafty

Reply to
Wafty

The 6° BTDC figure is for the carburettor variants.

Reply to
Dougal