Indicator warning sound

The warning light on the dash in my 1996 300tdi 90 is barely visible in bright sunlight and the clicking sound often inaudible

A friend with a 1943 Dodge Command Car has a highly audible warning sound

Any advice on what is presumably a replacement relay with a highly audible sound

Reply to
Julian Pollard

A quick and easy way to do it is to buy a piezo buzzer from Maplin or your local equivalent and wire it to the output of the flasher, or if that doesn't work, two of them, one across each set of indicator bulbs.

I've also used one fed via a bridge rectifier wired across the two indicator live feeds.

Reply to
John Williamson

My 1996 300 TDi has the same problem.

However LR indicator units are something of a mystery to everyone and change part numbers without much warning now and again somehow independently of vehicle type.

When mine died a few years ago we tried two other that my local spanner chap had. One didn't work at all and the other was totally silent, and so I used the silent one for a week until the proper one turned up.

My advice is 'get used to it'. You've bought a car with character, learn to live with it.

I'm learning to live with the need for a new rear chassis member and the possibility of a complete new chassis and front bulkhead next year...

It's still cheaper than a car that age in decent condition.

Reply to
William Black

I just mounted the relay on the side of the instrument binnicle (SIII

110 Hybrid) Plenty of Tick-Tock sound when indicating.

DaveB

Reply to
DaveB

I fitted a beeper bought from an electronics store wired to the dashboard warning light feed. I now have a very audible beep.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike