Injector Washer 2.5N/A

Can someone please give some advice? After doing a head hasket change, finding a cracked piston, replacing pistons, bending a push rod, snapping a tappet slide, replacing slide/rod and replacing the head gasket (again) I have, at last found a problem I can't seem to get around. I have replaced all 4 injectors on my 2.5N/A and I have one washer at the base of injector 4 (next to the cracked piston) that is all coked in and I can't remove it. When I try just putting the injector in, fuel leakes out, and if I try another washer on top, lots of white smoke and lumpy running.

Has anyone got any tips/advice for getting this washer out. This job started out two months ago, when 'I was losing a little water', its since turned out to be a nightmare rebuild! And now I'm stopped by a washer....

Help!

Smudge

Reply to
Smudge

A long thin sharp pokey tool is what I use - think it used to be a electrical tester part in a previous life.....

See if you can get some dentist tools :-)

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

Snap on do some lovely right angled pick tools, god knows what the metal is made of but I haven't broken one yet. Sounds perfect for the job...

Or, failing that, (bodge method coming up) get a drill bit and flat bottom grind it (or buy a flat bottom drill ;o) ) and drill it off. making sure you plug up the hole first though or the 2.5 will be chewing copper for a while.

-- Andy

Reply to
Fuzzy

I used a mechanic mates snap on pick to get one of the washers out of my 2.5 N/A. It took quite a bit of time and effort but i didnt break the pick! :)

I was using an electrical screwdriver that i had bent the end of and he took pity on me. the snap on pick was much better!

Reply to
Tom Woods

In article , Smudge writes

Have you tried xylene-based carb cleaner? It's evil stuff and cleans off gunge I thought I'd never shift. I think I'd probably block the actual hole with a bit of wooden dowel to stop too much going down in, and possibly squirt a bit of oil in there before finally sealing it all up (as xylene is a horribly good degreaser).

Might help. Mindyew, I bet someone will be along in a mo who knows the

*exact* trick to this - it can't be the first time it's ever happened.

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig