Inner Toobes?

Right, decided to take some breaks from the pooter and do my GS.

Happy to say, all done, fixed, running and with fabricated / fixed hoodsticks and new tilt, re-installed the LPG, rewired, made things 'work' - whey hey! Only took a couple of Warren days and about two weeks of all my own free time ;-)

Now, just been and got some XZLs (900x16) to replace the teflon barslips, these are slightly bigger than the barslips, and although the tyres are tubeless, the rims aren't, so I'll prolly need to get some new innertubes as I suspect using the existing ones will not be a good idea.

Are these fairly standard in commercial tyre places? (I'll have a ring around tomorrow). The club does them, but I intend putting the new tyres on next Monday and doubt the club could provide them that quickly being as there's stock taking and "etc" going on.

Anyway, runs like a dog on LPG (I have various cheap ideas on fixing this - green scrubber anyone?), and like a rocket on petrol, 70mph on the Chesterfield bypass on the GPS - (with more there if I had the bottle) - I was _very_ happy with that (the speedo is slightly under calibrated, I'm hoping the new tyre diameter will bring it about right). Only thing that threw me, before I put the new tilt on, I rolled the old one up onto the roof above the cab, and at around

65mph...

... it unrolled itself in the wind ;-)

Reply to
Mother

Dead easy to get - the tyre place that did Bob got them same day.

Try the Green scotchbrite pads. Three in a roll-up worked on Bob.

Steve

Reply to
steve

Scotchbrite pads? ...ok, I'll bite. Where do you put them, and what do they "do".?

I won't need them on my 200Tdi, but I'm always interested in others' ideas. :-) Craig.

Reply to
CraigB

They restrict the airflow at the filter.

Reply to
Mother

Couldn't you weld the rivet heads inside the rims?

Could have frightened someone following, an instant full width canvas sunblind, what will you think of next? ;-)

Martin.

Reply to
Oily

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 21:57:35 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

never mind the GS, how about the aircon on Grumble???

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Not a good idea - the rims won't have the 'hump' at the bead to keep a tubeless tyre seated.

Reply to
EMB

Yes. Should be available at any tyre place that does much HGV work, and also at any decent 4WD tyre supplier.

Reply to
EMB

That's reached a hiatus at present. All sort of fitted, but I'm trying to work out how to run the pipes and drain - oh, and how the electrics are s'posed to work...

Reply to
Mother

It was still fastened to the top of the cab at the front. As it unrolled it all flopped down between the rollbar and hoodsticks :-)

Reply to
Mother

Get Steve to bend some ally in an L shape, run the pipes to the roof cross beam and then along side the crossbeam to the vertical side supports.... then down to the engine bay. I'd guess Eberspacher side would be simplest.

Use the L plate shape to cover the pipes where they run along the roof support so that the base of the L is flat against the base of the roof support, then it can be neatly screwed up and hide all the gubbins but be easily accessed if required.

Just a thought.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

If you can wait until November I'll give you a hand with the electrics part of it.

Reply to
EMB

Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Everything is going 'padded'. I need to make a box section to go to the driver side (RHD) into which I'll also place a 7inch touch screen monitor for use from the 'living space' and a couple of lights. The pipes run inside this, then down the side channel I left for wires, into the engine bay by the vapouriser toen forward to the compressor.

I have it all planned, oh yes indeedy. "Doing it" is the issue at present...

Reply to
Mother