Insurance recommendations for young driver?

Hello again.

I've not been contributing for a wile as sadly my 90 had to be sold to make way for offspring. However, all is not lost because the lad who used to come off-roading again is nearly 17 and has just bought a LWB S3.

He can't find a 3rd party insurance quoute for less that £1500 though. Can anyone recommend a company that might be cheaper for him or have any suggestions about reducing the premium. His Mum only has a bike licence so he can't do the usual trick of going on her insurance.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Phil Miles No longer has LR90, Nottingham

Reply to
Phil Miles

CIS, NFU, or get a bike...

do all ours.

David

Reply to
David French

In message , Phil Miles writes

Shop around. Many insurers just see 2.25 litres and 17 years old, put 2 & 2 together and come up with 5. As already suggested NFU Mutual do understand what a LR is.

Reply to
hugh

Try Sureterm. They understand Landrovers.

0870 2020230

Ed

To reply, remove my appendix

Reply to
Ed

Phil Miles tried to scribble ...

Dunno about young drivers, but I have 20 points on my licence, only 1 years NCB (ex-company car driver) and have just paid £700 for fully comp on a P reg 3 door TDi Discovery with extras .. The Series 3 I had was only £400 ... Gotta be worth a try ... ;)

PS, I originally, for the wifes benefit, only disclosed my latest two sets of points (6 total) .. when I disclosed them all there was no change in the level of cover, price charged or excess. When I wanted to lower the excess the cost of the insurance _did_ sky-rocket .. It may be worth increasing the voluntary excess (I have £250) to gain a fair bit off the original purchase price. I consider £250 to be reasonable and probably something I could fix anyway .. ;)

Reply to
Digweed .. ;)

I insured my S11a for ANY DRIVER which included my 17 and 18 year old sons who are both learning for less than £600 a year third party only with CIS (cooperative insurance services)

Give em a call.

TTFN

Reply to
NTLworld