Insurance woes

My car is a total loss claim due to some git stealing it.

It's a J-reg 1992 Vogue Range Rover 3.9 V8 Manual.

It was in immaculate condition with 117000 miles on it.

Trouble is the insurance company thinks it would be only worth £1800 even though a week before it was nicked i paid £2500 at an auction.

There are no 1992s manuals in the autotrader and they wont accept a parkers valuation.

What do you guys think it should be worth? I know the insurance wont pay top dollar, but they should give enough for a replacement surely.

JOn

Reply to
Jon

Personally I would expect more like what you paid. £1800 seems to be the insurance company extracting the urine.

Reply to
David French

Nothing new there then.

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Was the insurance an agreed valuation - if so they have (I think) to pay. If not, what value did you insure it at, coz a vehicle at that age will not loose money like driving a new one off the forecourt.

At end of the day it is a risk the company takes and they will do their utmost to cut their losses. Fight them - it took me quite while to get the insured value of my Dolomite sprint (and that was me writing it off).

Reply to
pl.white

It's the insurance's responsability to put you back into a position you were before the loss, ie a similar vehicle, with similar maleage and condition etc. the fact that you can't find one in Autotrader works for you. This indicates the vehilce is rare-er or of greater value than the more common versions, use this with the insurance company.

In the end it will depend on what you are happy with, and how long you want to wait. Try asking the auction house if they have had others going through, and try all the other web sites to find prices, then print them out and send them to the insurace company.

Hope this helps

Gary

J> My car is a total loss claim due to some git stealing it.

Reply to
Gary Harrison

Thanks all, that's a bit of ammo for me!

Jon [in Omega :-(]

Reply to
Jon