Insuring Defender 90

You'd have to ask nicely I guess..

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I wont bother then... :-)

Reply to
Simon Atkinson

On or around Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:32:25 +0000 (UTC), "Richard Brookman" enlightened us thusly:

IME, these days, only if you stop insuring the other one.

there is some limited scope for insuring "second vehicle" on the same policy, NFU do one, but in their case, only if you've not had a claim in the last x years and I think there may be restrictions on the policy and/or use, too.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In news:g1fed.196$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net, Me blithered:

That is streatching low mileage just a bit!

Reply to
GbH

So Trevor Appleton was, like

It comes to us all (or so my mate told me).

Not really, if you think in terms of risk to the company. Say you have a car insured for self and spouse. The car can only be driven by one driver at a time, so the risk to the company is X, and the premium based on the "riskiest" driver. If you then get a second car and want to insure it alongside the first (again with two drivers), you have potentially two cars on the road at the same time, and the risk to the insurer is ~doubled. You think you have a "cheap" second car and expect to pay a few quid extra to insure it, but the company don't see it like that. If you insured the second car as "insured only to drive", I bet the premium would be dramatically lower. At least that's what an insurance broker told me when I wanted to insure my ex-wife (still a learner then) on my policy.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

message

I've just got my renewal from same place( Frizzells) £194 fully comp for my

85-90, but I will be shopping around.
Reply to
George Spigot