Intercooler hoses splitting

My Disco 300 Tdi seems to be eating intercooler hoses. I am now on my third elbow (the flexible hose at the turbo end) and have also had to replace the straight connnector at the intercooler end. Anybody got any ideas why this should be happening? There is a little bit of oil inside the hoses - I did wonder if that is weakening them.?

By the way, regulars might have seen a few of my posts over the years, coming from Harare in Zimbabwe. Well, after 11 very happy years, we've decided to leave Zimbabwe - it's no longer fun here. Zimbabwe cash is almost impossible to get - to recharge my mobile phone with airtime takes $2m, cash only, and the maximum daily withdrawal limit is $500k. Most food is only available for forex. Nobody takes cheques as the inflation is so fast that it is pointless. Because of the problems getting money out of the banks, the exchange rate is now in the quadrillions! On top of that, there is a cholera epidemic.

We did have a wonderful weekend in the Eastern Highlands last weekend but unfortunately that doesn't make up for the nausea of day to day life.

So Dizzy my wonderful Discovery will be bought by a friend here. I don't know if I will be able to run one when I get back to the UK - I hope I will.

Thanks for all the advice and humour over the years, and happy Land Rovering to you all.

Any tips on the hose problem welcome!

Regards Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe

Reply to
Graham Carter

On or around Thu, 20 Nov 2008 06:39:10 -0800 (PST), Graham Carter enlightened us thusly:

To be honest, I'm amazed you stuck it that long. It's been obvious for at least 20 years that it was going down the tubes.

sadly, the poor people who don't have the option of legging it will be the ones to suffer most.

keep in touch. late Classic Rangies and disco Is are pretty cheap here, depending of course on whether you manage to extract any money from Zimbabwe.

can't say as I ever met that one. might be the climate. how long do they last?

Reply to
Austin Shackles