Interior light doesnt work

The interior light doesnt work from the driver door only. I have found that the wire to the door switch is broken, but, I can't locate the wire. Does anyone know the route this wire takes so that I can find an end and renew it. I know it is purple and blue or possibly purple and white and it goes from the door switch to the multifunction unit, but I cant find any sign of it or the multifunction unit. I hoping that this is also the reason that my headlight on warning is also not working.

Thanks in anticipation. Dave Jeffries

Reply to
Dave Jeffries

And the vehicle is?

Reply to
Mike Buckley

Opps, its a Discovery 300 tdi

Reply to
Dave Jeffries

I have exactly the same problem on the same type vehicle. As yet I have been unable to find the fault.

Reply to
Simon Mills

Simon,

The mfu is behind the fuse box on the driver side.The wire is purple and white, but, its encased in a protective black sleeve. I removed the fuse unit screws (2) and moved the fuse unit out of the way and then gave the protective sleeve a tug and the wire came out. I then put a new wire through a hole that is about 3/4 inch above and 1 inch back from the door switch that goes directly through to under the dashboard and joined it to the old wire. It's a bit of a fiddle, but got there in the end.

A word of warning! While I was undoing the fuse unit I think I must have shorted something (stupid I know, but, I didnt disconnect the battery) problem is now the lights on indicator and low fuel indicator dont work. It may be coincidence, but somehow I dont think so, I'll let you know what happens!

Reply to
Dave Jeffries

Thanks for you the advice Dave I will have a look at the weekend

Reply to
Simon Mills