Is this a good price for a Lightweight?

Someone we know came round with a Lightweight this afternoon. It was built in 1981 and released in 1997. It has a hard top on, but sticks and canvas will be going with it when its sold. Its petrol and had a new engine 500 miles ago. It's also just gone through the MOT with a pass first time. Is £1000 a good price?

Reply to
Nikki

V8? I know somebody who would love to buy it at that price.

Reply to
David French

Not a V8. So this is a good price then?

Reply to
Nikki

Sounds like a bargain to me.

My mate bought an ex-mod LWB s3 from a dealer a year ago, and that was £1000 and came with an mot and a new set of tyres. Theyre 1250-1500 at the same place now i think, so your lightweight sounds good, especially as it has a new engine.

Reply to
Tom Woods

If you don't want it I do!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

If the chassis, bulkhead, etc, is in good nick, I'd say it's under- priced at GBP 1000.

Reply to
David G. Bell

Bruce undecided. Its what he wanted but at the time when we looked didn't see anything he felt was worth the money being asked for it and we ended up with Series 3.

Reply to
Nikki

Where would that be perchance?

Cheers

Jo

Reply to
JoMorph

It just passed its MOT and the test station said is was really sound.

Reply to
Nikki

Leicester. He's gone out to look at it again and drive it.

Reply to
Nikki

Were you talking to me or Nikki?

If me, then the place my mate bought his from is in Hinstock near Market Drayton. Its a great little place! :) I've never seen them advertise anywhere!, so if you want the number then e-mail me, and i'll try and find it... Its about here somewhere...

Reply to
Tom Woods

Yes it was you I was talking to Tom (thanks Nikki anyway :-) )

I won't trouble you for the number as it would be a bit far for me to go at the mo. Cheers anyway.

Jo

Reply to
JoMorph

Tis Richards of Hinstock.not so many vehicles now as they have dried up for the indie resellers..bags of spares tho & v reasonable....live abt 6 miles away myself . can mail the no if u can't find it Chris 1990 Disco 200Tdi

Reply to
Merlin©

Sounds like a right nail, wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, hardly worth risking all that money on.

Whats the phone number of the seller ?

;-)

Lifes no dress rehersal..... so go on then. The kids inheritance.... I may jest but I was bought up as a kid on a healthy diet of Landrovers and Range rover......there must be some way of getting my own back ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Well he's going to waste some more money and my mistake its a 1979 model not a 1981.

Not telling!

What inheritance. We plan on enjoying ourselves;-)

Reply to
Nikki

That's OK.

Reply to