Is this worth a gamble on ?

Just thinking about it - go on someone, persuade me to buy it :)

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

"Matthew Maddock" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

No log book.....I wouldn't..personally!

-- Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Pacman

"Matthew Maddock" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

As well as aforementioned log book, check out the seller's feedback...from

26th feb from a buyer "could not pick up due to item being stolen day after brought it".....

I'd avoid it like the plague!

-- Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Pacman

That'll be why it was cheap and didn't have any bids then!

SWMBO would probably have gone mad anyway, we are supposed to be saving for our new house!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Carawagon ? :-))

Reply to
Hirsty's

:) Any Land Rover will do me at the moment! I'm itching to get back behind the wheel of something that isn't dull dull dull!

Maybe I should mention it? - she did mention the C word the other day for touring around France in, tho I managed to resist the delights of dragging a shed around!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Matthew Maddock uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Come to one of the meets and take a peek at our caravan inside... I only went to look for ideas for Morph, came back with a whole caravan absoloutley fantastic!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I have a VERY well maintained P38, the right offer could see us parted!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Awww Nige don't tempt me! I miss my P38 - a lot! Unfortunately I couldn't run a V8 right now cos I'll be doing loads of mileage in the next few months. Just bought a Transit to do the house move, when that goes I'll think seriously about getting an S3 or something similar - been thinking about getting an S3 for a while now - I'll try and persuade SWMBO that it will be a good towing vehicle for the caravan she wants!! ;-)

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

hehehe - onloy kiddin!! AnS3 will make a good towing vehicle, but will deafen you!!

Dont even bother wearing a watch as it will take years to get there!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Yeah, but she won't find that out until after the first trip, and by then I already got me an S3 ;-) then I'll have to buy a P38 for the real towing work - shame!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

How tall are you Matt? For modern blokes they can be a tad compact!!!

Nige

Reply to
Nige

On or around Fri, 07 Jul 2006 14:04:28 +0100, Matthew Maddock enlightened us thusly:

"I WONT SELL IT AFTER THIS AUCTION ENDS.IVE WASTED ENOUGH TIME AND MONEY OVER THE LAST 8 WEEKS AS IT IS"

Man's a wanker. if he'd expended a few minutes and a stamp on applying for the V5 then he'd have more chance of selling. and what's this "I won't sell it " s**te? Never trust people who do listings in giant caps with red bits, either...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 07 Jul 2006 17:48:34 +0100, Matthew Maddock enlightened us thusly:

I could do you a much better series III, tax exempt, for that money. albeit not with a tranny engine...

If you wanted the chassis mended and an MOT it'g go up a few hundred though :-)

Actually, I don't want to sell it, but I may need to at some point if I'm to raise the cash for the transit/LR hybrid.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Fri, 7 Jul 2006 23:21:11 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

actually, these days, for serious towing I'd buy either a late disco I or a late classic. mucho motor, minimal moolah. Really good TDi disco Is ain't fetching much now, too much price pressure from the early disco IIs which are seen as being better.

V8/LPG or TDi, the choice is yours. If you get a good one, a VM rangie is OK, too - but good ones are relatively few and you do need to know how to look after the engine. The key bit that gets missed, AIUI, is re-torque the heads when refitting gaskets which leads to premature head gasket failure.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

He's re-listed it now, £1000 or offers - "must go this week" type of thing. £500?!! :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

On or around Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:31:11 +0100, Matthew Maddock enlightened us thusly:

I'll offer him a fiver :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles