Isuzu Trooper diesel engine in Landie S2a?

I have a 1966 SWB Stationwagon, in excellent condition - re-built on a galvanised chassis by the previous owner. In the six years I have had it, it has given little trouble, and the only real drawback is a Ford V6 conversion, which whilst it gives good power, and makes towing pretty easy, also returns just 12 mpg on a good day....

A friend's Isuzu Trooper, has just failed MOT on body mounts - essentially it is dead. It has a seemingly good engine though - and in the Trooper returned good consumption with good performance. I could buy it for c.£400.

Has anyone any experience/ideas about fitting the engine in a S2a? Are there any kits available? Would the engine marry up with some form of adapter plate to the existing gearbox/transfer drive system?

Thanks to someone....

Ed. Hughes

Reply to
Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes wrote: snip

snip

This has been done, there are some threads on the land rover uk forum ...

Cheers, Scruttocks

Reply to
scruttocks

Isuzu 4JB1/4JG2 2.8 NAd/ 3.1Td kits £325 + VAT:

Mark

If its the 3.0 engine, don't bother - they diabolical!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

If only someone did a conversion plate for the engine I want to fit.

Alex

Reply to
Alex