It's that time of the year again....

Well, after the v8 disco going through the MOT first time (1 advisory

- battery not secure) its the turn of the 200tdi disco next.

Whats the requirement on exhausts?

My back box dropped off, no noticeable change in note, it came apart right at the box, so I have the tailpipe with its bump over the axle and then it stops underneath - is this legal for the MOT? (if i tidy the end of the pipe up :-))

And having now changed the handbrake shoes and actually made it worse, is the adjustment of the cable fairly easy?

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

- battery not secure) its the turn of the 200tdi disco next.

...but how would they know? The MOT test does not include anything that involves opening the bonnet - and in fact in times gone by mine has been padlocked shut (Stage One) with no key supplied :s

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

But it does, how else do you check all the brake lines, given that the brake master cylinder is under the bonnet. I would also say that you struggle to fully inspect other items such as shock absorber mountings, and firewall corrosion. Diesels should also be oil checked prior to the smoke test

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Mine was opened for exactly this... and the Chassis number 2 days ago on the

110.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 14 Jan 2009 04:45:21 -0800 (PST), GrnOval enlightened us thusly:

no, but if you extend the pipe with a spare bit of exhaust to reach the back, it will be. Provided it's secure, doesn't leak and doesn't make excessive noise, natch.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Phew, Thanks Austin

I was toying with getting a bit of flexi and making a side exit

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

Well, MOT passed 1st time :-)

I popped a v8 back box on, and no comments from the test bloke about my dog food tin joining sleeve :-(

Hey ho, Si 2 MOT man 0 - works for me :-)

Si

Reply to
GrnOval