Ive got one

109 LWB safari M reg. delightfully scruffy body and upholstery but built like a tank.

I don't get to drive it away for a week or so but its going to be Fun when I do.

Now it is a twelve seater so never mind the green lanes do I get to use the bus lanes ? :)

-- Larry

"We are all of one mind, one equal mind, and if each of us persists in being the centre of our own existence we are all doomed to suffer at each others hands. I cannot exist on my own without you, neither can you be without me, what is the world wide web about after all?. We are interdependent whether we are aware of the fact or not"

Reply to
Larry

I got away with it in Acton a couple of years ago, but plod did point out that he didn't expect to see me in lane 3 of the motorway!!!

Richard

Reply to
beamends

Well done Larry, you won't regret it. Well you may from time to time but its a lot of fun anyway!

Martin

1980 SIII 109

Reply to
Martin (Wirral, UK)

I'll probably regret it as soon as I drive out of the yard and feel the effect of that non power steering on my shoulders :)

Mind you there is a fair amount of country to get through before I hit the town roads.

-- Larry

"We are all of one mind, one equal mind, and if each of us persists in being the centre of our own existence we are all doomed to suffer at each others hands. I cannot exist on my own without you, neither can you be without me, what is the world wide web about after all?. We are interdependent whether we are aware of the fact or not"

Reply to
Larry

I don't reckon I would fancy lane 3 of a motorway either, I think I will give them a miss.

Incidentally as a twelve seater it does look as if it is legitimatly exempt from the London Congestion Charge.

-- Larry

"We are all of one mind, one equal mind, and if each of us persists in being the centre of our own existence we are all doomed to suffer at each others hands. I cannot exist on my own without you, neither can you be without me, what is the world wide web about after all?. We are interdependent whether we are aware of the fact or not"

Reply to
Larry

I checked this one out in Derby - we've got a bridge closed for 18 months while they carry out repairs but it is only open one way into town to buses and from town to all traffic controled by lights. Now for Hublet to get to work he has to go all the way round Pride Park and town to get there - this puts an extra mile or so on his journey in heavy traffic in the Landy instead of being able to go over the bridge in moderate traffic. Transport Police said buses and yellow (metered) cabs only - no minibuses at all. I think that you might find that it might be the case in most places but usually you can get away with the 12 seat spiel. Check that it says 12 seat on your log book - ours doesn't cos it was originally built for export and they reckon it was 10 seat because it has fold up seats in the rear. Hope you enjoy doing it up like we have for the last 2 years and have lots of fun in it.

Gaynor

Reply to
Tim and/or Gaynor Bott

When Coventry closed certain junctions to private cars I said to hell with this and drove my limo through regardless, but then I suppose I did not really have any right other than that I was making a protest.

However I wouldn't really want to press the bus lanes issue as I was somewhat tongue in cheek when I posted that. I have had to endure public transport for long enough to realise that it is not a good idea to obstruct it unecessarily.

However I think I am on very strong ground with regard to the congestion charge if I register it with the Greater London Authority as a minibus, and who are they to say it is not.

I am not sure though that driving to London would be any more economical than using the train, I used to drive into Central London, but then I was guaranteed a parking space at the other end, and I had an orange badge as well because I was taking my mum into London in her wheelchair and this was back in the times when the alternative was a ride in the goods van of a train.

-- Larry

"We are all of one mind, one equal mind, and if each of us persists in being the centre of our own existence we are all doomed to suffer at each others hands. I cannot exist on my own without you, neither can you be without me, what is the world wide web about after all?. We are interdependent whether we are aware of the fact or not"

Reply to
Larry

It is, but you have to register it first.....

Richard

Reply to
beamends

Congratulations! Now check you have the correct licence to drive it.... :-)

Reply to
Llandrovers!