Jacks

Hi everybody.

My 2 tonne Screwfix trolley jack, which was fine for jacking up the Disco, struggles a little with the Range Rover. The kerb weight has only gone up

200KG, so I'm not quite sure why this is, but it may partly be because you have to slide the jack in further so it's harder to get a grip.

So I'm thinking of getting something a bit more meaty. Does anybody want to recommend a good priced 3 tonne trolley jack?

TIA David.

Reply to
David French

Martyn has a 3 tonne jack. At least, it felt like it was.

I have a high-reach thingy from Machine Mart with a 'quick lift' mechanism. It doesn't complain about the Disco or the 101. The only gripe I have is that the release screw is a bit 'on/off', so getting a gentle let-down is tricky.

Tim Hobbs