James Bond's 2-door RR convertible

Hello,

Does any one know what year that brown RR convertible was in James Bond's Octopussy movie? Was it actually a production vehicle?

Many thanks.

Kent Shih

It was a conversion. One of either two or three made. One came up for sale (in London) last year - had spent its life on a tropical island, and appeared to be in 'as new' condition. Jon

Reply to
Jon

There was a 2 door convertible for sale on Ebay about 2 months ago which looked in very good shape.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Tuip

Is it possible to convert my 1988 4-door RR into a 2-door (older style) RR?

Can I use the existing chassis and interiors and just change out the body panels? Do they share the same 100" chassis?

Many thanks.

Kent

Reply to
Kent Shih

Is it possible to convert my 1988 4-door RR into a 2-door (older style) RR?

Can I use the existing chassis and interiors and just change out the body panels? Do they share the same 100" chassis?

Many thanks.

Kent

Reply to
Kent Shih

The chassis (as far as I am aware) is the same regardless of 2 or 4 door.

The Bonnet, the roof and the tailgates are the same.... the front wings may be the same at that age but if you have hidden door hinges then they won't fit a 2 door.

If you are serious, there is a possibility that I will have a 2 door chassis and complete body available in the next few months as I am stripping the axles, suspension, engine and gearbox out of mine (1980). Once the bits I need are off it, I just want the rest to be taken away.... I also have a range of spare body panels for it, some second hand, some still in the Land Rover box. I'm open to offers on those. It's on the cover of the October Land Rover Enthusiast and pictures of it are all over our club web site.

It also has a Safety Devices FIA homologated internal roll cage and a set of external aluminium tree bars if anyone's interested...

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

I would but unfortunately I am in Seattle. So getting the parts here would take a bit of an effort.

Kent

Reply to
Kent Shih

You're located in Seattle ?

Reply to
Martin Tuip

Yeah, how do you know?

Cheers, Kent

Reply to
Kent Shih

Anybody know if you can still buy interior trims for 1991 RR CSK from factory? I am thinking about turning my '88 RR into a 2-door, and possibility into a convertible if there's money left over.

Many thanks.

Kent

Reply to
Kent Shih

Kent Hi,

I think it will be wiser to just buy a 2 door complete upper body and "transplant" it onto your RaRo's chassis.

As for the specific CSK interior trim I think it will be like looking for hens teeth or golddust (actually finding golddust may prove much easier)

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos