JCB for Sale on E-Bay

Click on link for a bargain JCB

M4CKK

Is "back hoe loader" some kind of gangsta slang?

I thought this was OT until I read "Couple of usual JCB hydraulic drips" - sounds just like a Land Rover...

Reply to
David French

David French tried to scribble ...

Wouldn't gangsta slang be "back loader hoe" ?

Heheheh .. ;)

Reply to
Digweed .. ;)

Hi,

One of the best days out that I have ever had was an afternoon in Kent racing, yes racing JCB's! Found out about it through Red Letter days, and it was amazing - they only do about 25mph, but when you are going across a bumpy field, you can get them airborne! We also had to collect a cone in the front bucket which opens like a jaw - it's not as easy as it looks as you can't see much of the bucket from the drivers seat. Even though they have 4WD, you can get them stuck quite easily in the mud, but then the guys running the day would leap in and push it out with the back hoe.

Some of the drivers were in the dancing JCB's team, and they gave us a demo of what they can really do - most impressive.

Graham Carter Harare Zimbabwe

Graham Carter

On or around Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:18:15 +0100, "M4CKK" enlightened us thusly:

went for 5 grand and a tad. which, I suspect, isn't far off market value for that age and type, without a back bucket (although the pictures who a back bucket...)

browsing in vehicles/other, I find this:

Austin Shackles

Crumbs, you could break it and get the current bid back, and some...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Anyone know how i find out info on these things, I'm after one, but don't know the first thing about them, and can't find any info on the net.

Any help appreciated.

cheers

Gary

Aust> On or around Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:18:15 +0100, "M4CKK"

Reply to
Gary Harrison

On or around Tue, 7 Oct 2003 21:46:23 +0000 (UTC), Gary Harrison enlightened us thusly:

what JCBs?

Depends what yer after. Old ones can be cheap, but they're limited as to the amount of work they'll do.

model 3 is based on a Fordson Major, still a workable machine provided it's in working order, but much slower than new ones.

then you get a 3C, 3CII, 3CIII, and various others.

plenty of 3CXs around, though they tend to be more expensive. Generally, the later the machine the faster/better/more comfortable, and the more expensive. I don't think that one was far off market price, especially as it was a 4x4. 3CX originally was 2WD, so 2WD ones are a bit cheaper. Ones with the extending rear arm cost more, but have longer reach.

basically, you need to see it operating - make sure that all the things that are meant to move do so, check the operation of the controls (things should be controllable, if the bits move very jerkily then there's summat out of kilter) and it shouldn't piss hydraulic oil all over the place, though a few small leaks are common on old ones. Also assess the amount of play in the various pivots - again, there will be play on an old one, but if it's excessive, it gets harder to work it properly, and eventually it'll fall apart.

Really depends what you want it for. If it's just for you own occasional use, then almost anything will do provided it's in working order. If you have in mind contracting with it, you really want a newer/faster/better one.

Consider also the MF50B etc. and Ford diggers - less common, but still sound machines, if you turn one up. Case too made some.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around 8/10/03 7:38 am, Austin Shackles using , in article ID snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, scribbled:

I'm not an expert on JCB's but I know we do have an early example in our Transport Collection over in Ireland. I'll try and find out more.

Reply to
Llandrovers

Thanks guy's, i want it for myself to do a self build, but i don't know the first thing, like what controls do what, what the varoius models are, what to look out for etc, and how to fix it.

I like to go into these things with my eye's open, and i i can build a Hybrid from scratch, then i should be able to look after and fix a JCB, it's just getting the info in the first place.

cheers

gary

Llandrovers wrote:

Reply to
Gary Harrison

JCB No. 1 is still working at a builders merchant in Uttoxeter!!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

On or around Wed, 8 Oct 2003 21:26:15 +0000 (UTC), Gary Harrison enlightened us thusly:

avoid anything that's very leaky, or has a lot of wear. As to controls, you'll have to learn 'em. Doesn't take that much practice.

you can probably get manuals etc. from JCB, I should think.

Reply to
Austin Shackles