KeyFob override?

Hi

I have a 96 Disco 300Tdi. At present the squeaker minor has terminally reduced functionality of my spare key fob. My main (and only remaining) key fob is working fine - for now, however should this one give up the ghost, then I suspect I would have a rather useless LR?

Should the worst case senario transpire, is there a means of overriding the immobilizer? The alternative is either a very expensive new key from LR (not too keen on that) or a whole new immobilizer - and I am not even sure if that is dooable?

Any Ideas

Regards Stephen

Reply to
fanie

Try these

I have used them before and they are very helpful and know what they are talking about - a rare opportunity to experience it too.They will take your keyfob, refurbish it and will return it, I believe a 48 hour turn-around!!!!!! Best of luck

Alistair

Yes there should be, read the manual for your car, it involves entering the the pin code for your immobiliser using sequenced opening and shutting of the drivers door and turning of the ignition lock. I kid you not!

Mark

Reply to
Mark