Lack 'o power in the Disco TD5

Disco TD5 (104,000miles) has been feeling sluggish and after replacing the rear calipers which were stuck on, it feels worlds better!!. But it still lacks something.....seems to lack power in my opinion. I plan to check for the usual oil in harness when it stops raining/sleeting/snowing!!

I cleaned the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor as this was covered in black oily gunge, in fact the whole inlet side of things leading to the EGR looks to be fairly well gunged up. Its better, but this oily gunge worries me.

Thoughts??

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

Some TLC needed ... Take all the air inlet pipework off, including the intercooler and clean it all out. Air filter box, new air filter, new fuel filter, new oils etc etc ... Basically just give it a bloody good extended service ... ;)

When I (finally) first changed the oils in my diffs and gearboxes the difference in feel, smoothness and general overall quality of drive went up immeasureably.

Reply to
Paul - xxx mobile

Is it worth blanking of the EGR valve or just give it a damn good clean?. Air filter is new as of Saturday afternoon.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J

I have a 300 Tdi and yes, with the egr blanked it produces a tad more power, which could probably hardly be felt on it's own ... but it produces that power more smoothly so it feels much nicer.

I've also got a straight through downpipe (De-Cat), larger, stronger, turbo inlet hoses that don't expand/contract with the boost, cleaned the plenum chamber, intercooler, and again used larger and stronger pipes, and added a top none-egr air pipe. That all makes a difference that can easily be felt, especially when towing.

At the moment, thobut, it's using fuel like a V8 ... I've got to learn I don't need to floor it anymore ... ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx