Lambda sensors

Hi,

I just got a lambda sensor for fitting to my Range Rover today, however, I'm a tad concerned about fitting it. The engine it's to go onto is a 4.6 v8 with a Link Electro EFi controller. V8s I believe normally have either two or four lambda sensors on them? I am a bit concerned that if I only fit one, then one bank of the engine may run lean.

Does anyone know how the multiple lambda sensors are wired to rover ECUs?

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

Hi Willie. If you think of the ecu as 2 ecu's in the same box, each one looking after 4 cylinders, then you're not far off the mark. That's the simple way to imagine it, not strictly true but a good idea of the operation none the less. With aftermarket ecu's, it's a reasonable assumption that all

8 injectors will receive the same, equal pulsewidth for a given load/rpm/throttle position, so only monitoring one bank isn't really a problem as the other will be a mirror image, assuming all the injectors themselves are serviceable. You could fit a boss to each downpipe, allow it to self-map (I'm assuming that's your intention) then do the same again with the sensor in the other bank, then if one is richer than the other, use whichever one is providing the richer map to play safe. Badger.
Reply to
Badger

Hi Badger,

Good idea about fitting a boss in each pipe, think I'll run with that. Now, just have chop sum M18 nuts up.....

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

Be careful of correct thread Willie, I think they are M18x1.25, whereas std M18 has a 1.5mm pitch, or something like that. Might be 1.75, even, but check first as I seem to remember it's not a std common thread pitch. Badger.

Reply to
Badger

On or around Thu, 23 Jun 2005 22:34:06 +0000 (UTC), "Badger" enlightened us thusly:

it'll be metric fine, probably.

Reply to
Austin Shackles