Land Rover and Labour

Hello Gang. Just read in LRO an article about Labour and British Leyland in 1977 and backdoor dealings. The Daily Mail at the time revealed how Labour knew of British Leyland bribing foreign governments. Due to Labour pressure the Daily Mail were made to climbdown and resulted in payouts. Make you wonder what our present parasite in power is doing.

Regards John

Reply to
john oakes

...and john oakes spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Getting his instructions from the big G, so it seems.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

...and Richard Brookman spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

And I don't mean George W.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

No, you mean George's second-in-command...

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 18:18:11 -0000, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

yes, excellent statement, even more amusing when you remember that last year Dubya said exactly the same thing.... hmm, interesting pattern emerging here.....

So here we have two of the worlds biggest political leaders, both of whose countries have suffered terror attacks by Islamic fundamentalists, saying that the Christian God told them to invade Iraq. And we wonder why we have problems with muslims spreading the word to fight against us....

I mean, its not like the Middle East is the most stable of regions anyway, with all the religious hatred that the Muslims have for the Jews, and the fact that we helped create Israel along with the merkins... and we wonder why we are still having problems in Iraq....

As the weeks go on, less and less people seem to be willing to admit for voting Mr Bliar into his position

To quote a famous paper (can't remember which) several general elections ago "Could the last person to leave Britain turn out the lights"

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

...and Simon Isaacs spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

The Sun, 9 April 1992, when Neil Kinnock was ahead in the polls for the forthcoming election.

"On the morning of polling day, The Sun newspaper (which had consistently supported the Conservatives throughout the campaign, except in Scotland) had published a controversial front page with the headline "If Kinnock wins today, will the last person to leave Britain please turn out the lights." Many commentators believed that this caused a late swing to the Conservatives sufficient to overcome Labour's poll lead. The Sun certainly thought so and their story on the election results was headlined "It's the Sun wot won it." Tony Blair also accepted this theory of Labour's defeat and has put considerable effort into securing the Sun's support for New Labour, both as Leader of the Opposition before the 1997 general election and as Prime Minister afterwards."

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 20:12:56 -0000, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

thats the one!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I seem to remember Paul Daniels and Michael Winner threatening to leave the country if Labour got in, which was probably worth 5 percentage points to Tony as well....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

I can't see much difference, give or take a war or two

Alex

Reply to
Alex

...and Alex spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Same old lies, but better suits these days.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On or around Sat, 04 Mar 2006 21:52:03 +0000, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

ISTR2 that they didn't.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , john oakes writes

Well if he's helping sell British manufactured equipment and motors I'm in favour. When in Rome....

Reply to
hugh

In message , Austin Shackles writes

Unfortunately not.