Land Rover GB Insurance useless ?

Just tried for a quote from these "experts that handle your every LR need ". Seem to be backed up by Royal Sun Alliance, after usual speel down to business. First I asked her if she could insure a 12 seater LR. Is it for commercial use ? NO. Does it have windows in the back. Yes. Ah let me just check ! after few minutes of crappy music I hung up. Seems i'll stick with NFU again.

Don't you think they'd at least get the basics correct ??

Reply to
Hirsty's

Hirsty's uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I just tweaked my Insurance for the 101, from standard to Camper, took about

5 minutes... got the same bloke I got last time I called over 12 months ago. additional £20 and I'm covered to cook :-)

Canna fault 'em £124, Fully comp, no no claims accrument, green lane cover specified, limited milage 5000 miles (I wish I could afford to do that!) and agreed value, 90 Green card If required. The excess is £150

:-)

Sis who is 30 next time around was quoted £140 for JLO, 12 seater , with windows dunno the small print though.

Sureterm - can't fault them so far, just a happy customer.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Ta I'll try them when I come to renewal

Reply to
Hirsty's

I got a quote from the NFU on the last renewal on the DII, after recomendations in here but it wasn't competative against Norwich Union Directs renewal quote. I guess farmers don't drive 7 seat DII ES's...

I then checked the NUD web site, eh? =A3150 cheaper than my renewal quote. Rang 'em up, got teletubbie to check I had the same cover, yep they said. Why the price difference? Couldn't really explain it, other than "new" customer, buying on the web wiffle. Didn't accept it on that call but called again a week or so later same story so cancelled my old policy, started a new one. And the bits of paper do show exactly the same cover.

I did try a few other online insurers but most get out the barge pole when I tell 'em that I work in broadcasting. Insurance companies, pah...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

...and Hirsty's spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Do it in good time - I am still waiting for them to get back to me after Malvern!

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:25:51 -0000, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

Just wait till they do ring! I went to see them at Driffield, explained renewal was 01/06/05, so they rang a week after renewal...... and still keep ringing, with almost fortnightly monotony, though last time was about 1 month ago, and I told the drone on the end of the line that he ought to consider disappearing and multipying, he couldn't understand what I meant, so I suggested he ask some one what it meant, not heard from them since.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

I had the same problem. I had some insurance with them and they were so damn annoying ringing all the time that i eventually told them to never ring me again and that I would never use them again.

Does anybody know if a footman james ex-mil policy (£90/year!) on a

101 will still cover it if i do a camper conversion? I bet it wont :(
Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Tom, If you've declared it as unmodified no you won't be covered. I guess if you were to claim for RTC damage then they may be happy enough. But trying to claim someone has stolen the contens of your fridge from an Ambi may take a bit of convincing.

Think about the risk element. Your more likely to burn to the ground or have it broken into if its a camper unless someone needs your first aid kit in a big hurry.

Best done properly to avoid disappointment. My extra £20 was spent on admin rather than the actual policy but I'm not going to beef about that.

I hear what peeps are saying about phone calls but I've had no problems even listing my other vehicles which aren't insured with them on the renewal. I work shifts so I would be the first to teach them a few new expletives if they woke me to try and sell me summat.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I told them i'd taken out a lot of the ambulance fittings. Since then though, I think that my 'lot' has become 'nearly all'! - though i still have half a stretcher lift. I've not actually done any exterior mods (bar some stripping) and there is still no fixed camper stuff in there!

It's not like i can drive it anywhere for a while anyhow - I'll insure it properly when i get it back together again - it will have camper fittings this time.

Reply to
Tom Woods

NUD?

Reply to
john

Norwich Union Direct.

Reply to
bones

NUD will not cover a 12 seat Defender as they are ""minibuses""

I got a quote from the NFU on the last renewal on the DII, after recomendations in here but it wasn't competative against Norwich Union Directs renewal quote. I guess farmers don't drive 7 seat DII ES's...

I then checked the NUD web site, eh? £150 cheaper than my renewal quote. Rang 'em up, got teletubbie to check I had the same cover, yep they said. Why the price difference? Couldn't really explain it, other than "new" customer, buying on the web wiffle. Didn't accept it on that call but called again a week or so later same story so cancelled my old policy, started a new one. And the bits of paper do show exactly the same cover.

I did try a few other online insurers but most get out the barge pole when I tell 'em that I work in broadcasting. Insurance companies, pah...

Reply to
Hirsty's

On or around Sat, 17 Dec 2005 09:49:48 -0000, "bones" enlightened us thusly:

yebbut, Clarkson phoned 'em up (well, may not have been them, but there was a side-gag about quoting you happy) to find out whether he could insure the new bugatti, and they didn't know what it was.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Strange that

Last year Insurance renewal time I was an existing customer Norwich Union Direct £630 (up £180 on previous year, also changed from SAAB 9000 to Disco Td5) Norwich Union £460 Frizzells £280

I mentioned quote me happy to NUD person on phone - didn't know what I was talking about. Suppose it was a call centre in some foreign land where they don't get the ad.

NUD didn't get the renewal

Reply to
Harpic