Land Rover Names

Every 101 owner i know and has met has had the monster called a name, and a reason for having named the vehicle in such a manner.(Mine reminded me of a sheep we had it did'nt move much either) All trucks have their quirks and moans and leaks and thier very own distinctive behaviours. No respecting landrover owner ever go without giving them a name. And i am finishing with i bet not ONE of you out there has NEVER swore or cursed or foulmouthedor called them by something else other than there given name.........

-- Brev

101 Ambie (Matilda)
Reply to
Brevit

I have a 110 his name is Ernie

3LB

Reply to
3Landerblue

"Brevit" wrote in news:bjoec1$6kp$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk:

My red Defender 90 was The Tamworth Sow, but not since I did the bushes.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Brevit tried to scribble ...

Our S3 was called Scar .. reg was SCA --- R ... ;)

Reply to
Digweed .. ;)

On or around Thu, 11 Sep 2003 01:09:24 +0100, "Brevit" enlightened us thusly:

well, I curse mine sometimes, but it hasn't really got a name as such.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My 110's called "you 'Expletive Deleted' pile of 'Expletive Deleted' work you 'Expletive Deleted' thing" at least thats what i call it most often.

Reply to
HobGobSnakyWaky

My green 90 is called Mavis. No paticular reason.

Reply to
Paul Coleman

My Disco is called Piglet, because it's not red. Confused?

Neil

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

Same here with this 'Expletive Deleted' range rover. Every 'Expletive Deleted' day it's doing something it didn't do the day before. How anyone gets these things around a global trek or whatever is beyond me!

The wife just says 'IT'!! usually preceeded by...'get rid of', 'scrap' or 'f**k'!

Reply to
Dave Wheatley

in article bjoec1$6kp$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk, Brevit at snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote on 11/9/03 1:09 am:

My Srs 1 is called Daisy 'cause of the big Sunflower in its grill and the Srs2 is Rose 'cause befor she was demobbed in 73 she was with the Lancishire Regiment and when stripping the paint of the front wing I found a large well painted rose on her,stupidly I neglected to photograph it to allow me to repaint it when she gets "restored".

Reply to
Rory Manton

Mine is Gemma - amongst other things - the reason she got this name has a lot to do with the Gemma's that I have met over the years as they all seem to have something in common, I'll leave it to you to work out as it would only be deleted anyway if I wrote it. Tommy was named by my late hubby - don't know why I still got it really (might have something to do with the fact I can't find the keys) K

--

101 Ambie - Gemma 101 GS - Tommy
Reply to

On or around Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:48:35 +0100, Dave Wheatley enlightened us thusly:

they usually start with a new one or else spend lots of time and money fettling it.

Apart from the types who buy an old series II and set off, and get local bodgers to fix it en route.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

My S3 answers to the name Smelly cos it does and the No plate SML ***Y

Reply to
TL

My D90 is called Happiness Stan, and we are still looking for whoever stole half of the moon !!

(Small Faces - Ogdens Nut Gone Flake)

Reply to
AndWhyNot

Even the emergency services call their vehicles names, ie Fires Service long tradition to name engines.

In the mountain rescue service we too do that -

2K 110 Van - Nellie after the lady who left us enough money in her will to buy it. 2K 110 CSW 1 - Geoff after the man who got the Lottery Grant to buy it 2K 110 CSW 2 - General after one of the founder members of the team 2K3 110 CSW 3 - Unnamed as yet in fact still dont know what to call it, had it 4 weeks and its just being fitted out.

Any suggestions ??

Cheers Dave -

shameless plug I know :)

Reply to
Dave H

My 110 CSW is called Milennium Falcon, cos she's white and was built under the 'Falcon' project by Landrover (IIRC).

The first fortnight of driving her white smoke appeared through the dashboard (steam actually, from a broken pipe from the heater Matrix).

Since then, we're constantly saying 'She can do it' or telling her 'You can do it baby' or 'stay together baby'. My husband keeps hitting the dash board trying to get her to 'hit interstellar hyperdrive'. He won't believe the cigarette lighter does NOT turn into a lightsaber no many how many times he sees 'if its still working'.

First time he saw it, he said 'you're gonna drive us there in THAT piece of junk'? I had to tell him 'hey kid, that landy could've done the Sahara run in under 1.2 parsecs'.

He's now taken to wearing a Wookie outfit while driving shotgun.

I have so far resisted his suggestions to mount my grandmother in the rear, and convert her walking frame to a Multiple Pulse Laser Turret (although she's expressed an interest in this position and in the true spirit of one whose lived a full and long life she laughs in the face of Maximum Height barriers...). Its the only way she can satisfy her desire to shoot down the hordes of "TIE fighters" (Ford Street Ka's) constantly buzzing (overtaking) us, and deter the evil white clad hordes of oppression (White Van Men).

Our eldest offspring is now nicknamed Yoda after his repeated comments of 'landrover *broken* is?'

The youngest is now Jar Jar Binks as his response to being overtaken by a convoy of 17 frustrated Mondeo's is 'ooooh how rude'.

Also there's as many places to stash your 'gear' in a landy as there are in the 'real' Milennium Falcon - oh and she can take a helluva lot of damage.

Helen

Reply to
Vam

(overtaking)

Tell him that the Warp/hyperdrive will only work on downhill stretch's. The RIGHT foot pedal engages it.......

Brev

Reply to
Brevit

(In the land-rover froup, we've had a fred about names...)

On or around Thu, 11 Sep 2003 22:02:15 +0100, "Vam" enlightened us thusly:

excellent! I've crossed this into the shed...

I've no doubt mine has a name, but she hasn't told me yet.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thank you for the funniest post of the year so far!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

My tatty S2A/3 is called "Boom-Bang". Steph's Discovery is called "The Shed".

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland