Land Rover's 60th birthday marked

Happy Birthday to you

Gazza Landroverless at the moment

Reply to
Gaz

did anybody else go to gaydon? i went out for the day yesterday.

Organisation of the show was pretty bad (they buggered tickets up so this didnt surprise me!), and the layout was fairly rubbish (big empty gap in the middle and stuff mixed up all over the places, including up dead end paths!).. but it was sunny and there were quite a few landies so it wasnt a bad day!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Shame but at least it makes me feel better for not having gone. I liked it for the museum tour ... on it's own it's a bit pants! :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

In message , Gaz writes

Quote from the item

The manufacturer, based in Solihull, West Midlands, produced its first Defender vehicle in April 1948.

Demand for the 4x4 vehicles has continued ever since and the company was recently bought from Ford by Indian car maker Tata.

Post-war rationing meant the original Defender had to be made from aluminium instead of steel and paint left over from a fighter plane factory.

Can't they get anything right

Reply to
hugh

At least it's not a Jeep!

Reply to
Lee_D

Coo somebody makes a statement that the original Defender was made in 1948 and doesn't get cashiered , fitted with a new oriface, set on fire or worse bloody beeb . Still the LR mags do it as well last month they said the first Defender had a 2 1/4 engine I suppose next they will be doing a leaf to coil on a Disco . I'm going out to count me ally rivets back soon Derek Disco 300Tdi 'Miles' Disco 200Tdi 'Kato' ( surprisingly Kato has ally rivets)

Reply to
Derek

I'm amazed they didn't the article with "Land Rover first made gas guzzlers in 1948".

Grr. No proper representation for us Landyfolk.

Reply to
Pete M

Yet again.. Its on the same weekend as Badmington and the bird wins..

I live in leamington and it takes me 10 minutes to get there but still never made it.

Saw a G4 Rangie trundle past the pub window saturday night, not sure if it stopped, we were all pretty hammered and in our own world.

Lots of lovley series's driving around.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

Tim,

My youngster got photgraphed by the Leamington Courier lot trying to push over my RR - if his pic made it could you give us a yell? I guess it will be in this Fridays (and I assume a story about LR 60th....)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

No Worries..

Ill grab a copy as soon as it comes out, let you know the score.

I know that the sprog was in the rag a few times when she was young and you can put a request in for a colour printout

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

TG> Ill grab a copy as soon as it comes out, let you know the score.

TG> I know that the sprog was in the rag a few times when she was young and TG> you can put a request in for a colour printout

TG> Cheers

Thanks!

Reply to
Neil Brownlee

I think that is getting too anal separating the early 90's and 110's from "Defenders"

Reply to
Marc Draper