land rover to buy

hey everybody I'm new of this group and also for the land rover world Now i'd to buy an used land rover (Defender or Discovery I dont' know) So I'd to know the critical parts to control on a 100-120k kilometers car

I apologize for my english

Thanks in advance for any answer

Bye

Pierom Italy

Reply to
pierom

Hi Piero Since no-one else has replied, here's my 0.2 Euros worth. Defender is a rugged workhorse, not very comfortable but very capable. Discovery is almost as good off-road (but more shiny bits to worry about) but much more comfortable over long distances. If you have not driven a Defender before, make sure you have a drive in one before buying as they are quite different from a normal car. Discoveries are much more car-like. On a car of this age, check: Defender - bulkhead and chassis for rust, engine for smoke and smooth running. Everything else can be repaired or replaced at reasonable cost, but those two represent big expense if they are wrong. Discovery - rust in bodywork, check especially inside rear doors and under loadspace floor. Engines same as Defender. With all Land Rovers, condition is MUCH more important than mileage. Service history is good if you can find one with it - at the mileage you mention, most should have. Good luck with your search. And your English is fine - better than some on the group who are native speakers. :-) No need to apologise. Welcome to the group. Cheers DaveP

Reply to
davepseudonym