Land Rover to the rescue

LAND ROVER'S EXPERIENCE GETS PEOPLE HOME

Gaydon, Warwickshire, 7 February 2007 - Land Rover is on standby to offer the services of up to 100 vehicles and their off-road experts, following extreme weather warnings for central and north-west areas of the UK.

As in previous years, all 10 Land Rover Experience centres in the UK will be available tomorrow to assist the local emergency services - including highway patrols, fire services and local police forces - helping people get home safely. They will also help to recover vehicles broken down in the bad weather and vehicles involved in road traffic accidents.

John Edwards, Land Rover UK managing director commented: "Year after year Land Rover has assisted local authorities in severe weather and emergency situations. With such an extreme forecast for the next few days, we've assured them that our vehicles will once again be available should they need them."

Land Rover UK has also this afternoon dispatched a fleet of vehicles from their head office in Warwickshire, to support police forces in the West Midlands, Warwickshire, Northamptonshire and West Mercia areas.

Land Rovers have a towing capability of up to 3.5 tonnes, permanent four-wheel drive and advanced off-road technology such as Terrain ResponseT. This includes a snow setting to utilise the vehicle's electronic controls and traction aids in slippery and treacherous conditions.

Land Rover Experience Centres offer a variety of courses and training to teach safe and responsible off-road driving skills. To find out more please visit

ends.

:
Reply to
Spanner

Well never mind my clutch is knackered and I still can't afford a fix and my landie has been idle for a couple of weeks without the engine running perhaps if it snows too bad it might still be good for something.

Though with a clutch at the limit of endurance I wouldnt want to risk 3.5 tonnes.

Ok driving on snow is dodgy but seriosly I wouldnt want to put all my metaphorical eggs on trust to electronic terrain control.

Reply to
Larry

It's a pity they couldn't help the rest of the year - it might have put the Coastguard, RNLI etc off buying L200's....

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Couldn't help but be amused watching Midlands Today this evening as a film crew's Discovery 3 pulled a RAV4 and trailer out of trouble.

Pete

Reply to
Peter Harrison