Land Rover V8 Diesel

Anyone know if the new Landy/Jag V8 diesel will fit in an old Defender engine bay?

Reply to
William Black

I'm sure you could fit any car engine into a defender if you had sufficient tuits :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

"William Black" wrote

Back in the 80s when I was an avid reader of "Street Machine" magazine. They had a standard answer to ANY question

"YES!! It's just a mater of how much time, effort and money you want to spend"

....................Smurf

Reply to
Smurf

On or around Sun, 29 Oct 2006 07:14:36 -0000, "Smurf" enlightened us thusly:

good point.

when I fitted a V8 to my 110, I had to move the engine mount points forward on the chassis by about 4" - it was originally a 4-cylinder one. I also had to lengthen the rear prop by 2" 'cos of fitting the BW type transfer box.

started from standard gearbox mounts and standard front prop (same on the

110 as on the range rover the engine/box came out of) and that determined what else had to move.

but it wasn't quite as straightforward as I originally thought.

Reply to
Austin Shackles