Land rovers and child seats...

Right, this is a question on behalf of my brother in-law. Are there any land rover models that will take 3 child seats?

Apparantly child seats are wider than a normal adults bum and you can only get two on a normal car rear seat. From what he says when you go into most car show rooms and ask about this they just throw their hands up and say it can't be done, don't have a car model that will work with three...

Anything he can do to avoid having to buy a Fraud Galaxy or other such crap?

Personally I reckon he should have had the snip before this became a problem.

Cheers,

Reply to
McBad

I think I could legally get 5 in my 7 seat DII, depending on the age of the children involved. But I'm not sure how modern child seats fix to the car these days. Is the hold it place with adult belt still legal or do they all have to have special fittings these days?

So a seven seat DIII would be able do similar and the rear seat in a DIII are full sized with proper leg room unlike the DII. And the DIII being a modern motor it would have the modern child seat fittings.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Depends how much money he has, is he thinking of spending £1k or £50k?

I'd be very surprised if he couldn't get 3 child seats into a D3 (or even a D2 for that matter). I've seen it done a few times in the Picasso/Scenic type vehicles and they are no bigger than a Disco. I'm well aware of how big these seats are - we have two of the buggers!

Why not just try them for size in the chosen vehicle if that's an absolute requirement? I did that when we had some stupid baby seat that wouldn't fit in most cars, no-one seemed to mind.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

On or around Fri, 2 Feb 2007 16:42:35 -0000, "McBad" enlightened us thusly:

You can go with this idea instead:

which is what I did for the vehicles we use for school work, which have to carry both ickle 'uns and regular-sized people who don't need boosters.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Is that the product that was on "Dragon's Den"? It seems to illuminate the need for the new booster seat regulations!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Interesting thoughts... Currently he runs a very old disco so maybe the newer models have more space. I'll pass these suggestions on, thank you.

(I should have said that the children will vary in age from

Reply to
McBad

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Austin Shackles wibbled :

What about fat gits?

Reply to
GbH

On or around Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:28:48 GMT, "GbH" enlightened us thusly:

the belt unhooks from the clippy thing for taller/fatter people. really short fat people could still use it I guess.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 03 Feb 2007 09:20:14 +0100, Matthew Maddock enlightened us thusly:

I don't know. What's Dragon's Den?

I find them excellent.

Reply to
Austin Shackles