LandRover Fest, Peterborough

Who's going?

Taking up the offer of a pass from the 101 Club, so will be on the stand. Anyone else?

Mark

Reply to
mike whiskey

way things are going with the 101 club, you'll be the only one mate!

Quote - "Buy a 101, change a screw or bolt to non-original and be shunned forever!"

A colleague of mine turned up at his first meet only to be met with "Tut tut

- not original" "shame it's not a real 101" and the likes, all because he had changed a few items. Exit one very pissed off colleague...to the sounds of "screw you lot - you %&*$%"

sorry, but i had to say this!

Ian W.

Reply to
leftabitwhiteabitth

On 3 Sep 2006 11:53:50 -0700, "mike whiskey" scribbled the following nonsense:

I'll be there on the GLASS stand with bURRt.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Hmmm,

Not my experience, but then I've been so biusy i'venot made it to a show since Gaydon in 2005, which was my first.

Hopefully i'll not be all alone!

MW

snipped-for-privacy@tsit.com wrote:

Reply to
mike whiskey

|| I'll be there on the GLASS stand with bURRt.

Thanks for the offer (Malvern), Simon, but we won't be able to make Peterborough. M-in-L isn't too well and I doubt she will be well enough to leave for the weekend. Have a good one, and don't forget to set the attack dog on anyone whose sub is late.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 20:53:02 +0100, "Richard Brookman" scribbled the following nonsense:

I'll let Dawn know that you called her that!!

BTW her nickname at work is Pitbull!!!

Be nice if we could have impecable timing to Ride of the Valkyries again though!!!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

The mind boggles!

Stuart

Reply to
Srtgray

And so it should. Mine did. There was a lot of ale that night, 's all I can say.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

You had to be there :)

Peterborogh - still undecided.

Reply to
William Tasso

Can you source that quote (here or by email) please?

I'd like to know more. As far as I can recall, apart from Billing this year, every club attendance at shows for the past 5 odd years has had a very good mix of vehicles (including a huge purple one which is about as unoriginal as could be imagined!).

I'd sincerely hope your colleague will rethink and put his unpleasant experience down to being a 'one off'.

There are a small minority (and I'll reassert the 'minority' bit) of members who do make a lot of noise and constantly thrive on being nasty and attempting to stir up trouble. We call them 'rivet counters' and are generally far more tollerant of them than they are of us (actually, there are two main rivet-counters who try to recruit others to their cause - but even their friends refer to them as "Steptoe and Son"!).

Reply to
Mother

On or around Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:27:55 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

well, I'm well aware that you had excellent reasons for not being at Malvern (and there's no implied sarcasm, that's plain truth), and Lee had intended coming but had mechanical problems. However... the only 101 to appear on the stand stayed there the first night (I'm afraid I don't know who 'twas) and then, finding no-one esle, went off to join the ex-mil people.

Oh, and Dave French brought the 6x6. Quite how he managed to arrive without us noticing I don't know - must've had more beer than I thought...

So, 1 ambi-camper (although it looked fairly standard outside) and 1 6x6, and nary a sign of anyone else, rivet-counting or otherwise.

All in all, not much of an advert for the 101FCC&R: if the rivet counters are bothered, they should make an effort to attend, with vehicles. If they have no vehicle or it's off the road awaiting the sourcing of the correct rivets, then, for my money, they should STFU about others who, despite not having "original" vehicles, DO make the effort to attend.

In fact, if it weren't for the fact that it would be really too complicated to do it, I'd buy that 101 chassis that Lee found on fleabay and put the transit body on it, then join the club and take it to shows, just to wind them up.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

A lot of shows suffer from apathy or DNAs (Did Not Attends). I know of three DNAs for Malvern, self included (though I did give some short advance notice so my ticket could be recycled).

The trouble is, you need someone to be a bit pro-active when it comes to shows other than Billing (which, until recently, everyone wanted to go to).

[..]

Again, this has sadly always been the case. They like to make a lot of fuss and noise, but rarely do anything positive.

Putting it like that, I'd be tempted to buy it for you!

Treminds me, during my 'rest' I was fumbling around the house and made quite a list of 'precious things' that really should find a happier home on eBay!

Reply to
Mother

You can't auction SWMBO - eBay don't allow it. ;-)

Reply to
EMB

On or around Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:55:22 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

hehe. I could paint it purple... nah, it really would be too much work, at least for this time around - the wheelbase is about 10" too short for the body - the difference between 110" and 111" is not going to be a problem - more than that and you either have to modify the chassis, which will cause grief with the DVLA if they find out, or modify the body to move the wheel arches - then you find the slidey door is in the way of where you want a wheel arch.

I did think about a rangie chassis and putting 10" into it, but that complicates the registration issue, by making it liable for an ESVA, I think. DVLA lot, on being emailed, helpfully recycled the blurb on the web. morons. If I could have got a definitive answer off the web I'd not have emailed 'em...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'd sell my soul before letting her go! She is a rare breed, almost unique in my experience :-)

Reply to
Mother

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:44:01 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

almost as unique as mine.... they breed 'em right up there!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

You can always tell a Yorkshire lass.

(You can't tell her much, though...)

Reply to
Mother

Oh how true. My mum was a Yorkshire lass.

Reply to
EMB