Landrover service in France

Hi,

My daughter now lives in France and this means my wife and I spend a lot of time over there on holiday now.

I have just paid out about £450 for a 48000 mile service and that seems a lot.

I have a Discovery II "W" reg and have heard that it is much cheaper and also better quality work over there in France on general servicing.

Has anyone any experience of this.

I would like to know, so if correct, I can take advantage of it.

TIA

ErnieH

Reply to
Ernest Hastings

One of the reasons I bought a Land Rover in the first place was to avoid main dealers all together, so though I live in France I don't know how much the dealers cost.

In general though, looking at part prices etc, what you would pay for something in sterling in the UK, you pay the same in euro here, so you should save a bit on the exchange rate. Bear in mind tho, that I buy ALL my parts over the web from the UK.

I don't know about the better quality though. It's the same everywhere, you get good'uns and cowboys in every town in every country. I'd take what you heard about better quality work with a pinch of sel.

Gromit.

Reply to
Gromit

"Ernest Hastings" a écrit dans le message de news:

4145bd03$0$20248$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com...

It's expensive. A 100,000 kilometers service on a 2,5DT Range costs around 700 Euros. And it's only a Half-important service, since on a Diesel engine, the Big Things are every 40,000 km and will cost around 1,000 Euros. Other than this, the service is about 450 Euros. Regarding quality work, I don't know how it is in England, but the 2 dealers I've seen in France were equally capable, technically. But you also have to take care of the reputation of the dealership, and the way the tech explains you what has been done is also important.

-- Henry! '95 2.5 DT RR

Reply to
Henry!

"Ernest Hastings" a écrit dans le message de news:4145bd03$0$20248$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com...

Hi Ernest, Hi you all,

Herafter are prices of services on a 90 / V8 (Dealer Land Rover St. Germain, close to Paris)

Clutch exchange (12/2002) = 1460 ? VAT incl. Service 40000 km (05/2003) = 560 ? VAT incl. Service 50000 km (06/2004) = 187 ? VAT incl. Radiator exchange (07.2004) = 300 ? VAT incl.

Clutch exchange seems a little bit expensive, but Landie is now running well....

Regards, Jean

Reply to
Saint Clair