Landrover V8

Hi

I have an 89 V8 HiLine, Defender 110, and would like to convert to a TDI. What mods will I have to do? Suggestions please.

Sharon

Reply to
Sharon Swanepoel

Changing the engine would be a good first move!

Reply to
SimonJ

At least engine mounts , bell housing and transfer ratios or diff ratios depending on what you've got in at the moment.

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

To convert a 101 from V8 to 300tdi you only need to cut the existing engine mounts off, turn them round and weld them back on... Perfect fit. Zeus do an adapter for the bell housing, I think...

Reply to
Mother

Now that is well worth knowing :-)

Still undecided.....

Lee D

-- ________________________________

Just a little hobby site about Landies :-) ________________________________

Reply to
Lee_D

There's loads of (high bandwidth) pics on Scott and Kates' conversion to a 30tdi here:

Mother

LOOK BAILEY!!! DID I MENTION I'M BUSY!!!!!

;-)

I need to experience the interior sound of one before I can really make an informed decission.

In fact, the more I mentally compare Reggie (V8 Rangie) to Alfie (Current TD Rangie) the more I'm going off the idea but the economy sounds much better for globe trotting...would have to cover some big miles though.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Shouldn't take you longer than 15 or so years... ;-)

Well, personally I hate the sound of clinky, rattly, tinny Tdi engines... Compare this to the classical music of a V8...

Stick with a low compression petrol engine. Rich Clafton was the only one in his group to have hassles getting diesel whilst the others were buying petrol from people on the side of the road.

Reply to
Mother