Landrovers in Euro Disney

Very surprised to see a total lack of French Landrovers. In 500 miles of French auto route I did not pass a single French Landrover. Infact only I only passed 4 French registered 4X4 two Terranos a Vitara and a Hummer !

In the Disneyland park its self there are a few "old fashioned" type small buses running about with running boards etc. They are all powered buy series III 2.25 petrol engines and LR gear boxes (rear wheel drive only). I would guess that they run all day in low ratio.

They sounded kind of familiar as they drove past and I could not resist having a look under. :-)

Reply to
Marc Draper

You didn't buy anything to eat whilst there did you Marc? Utter rip off at Cafe Mickey etc!

Try staying a decent Disney hotel!!

50cl bottle of Stella - £5 - we nipped the supermarket up the road for £5 for 24!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"Christ's fat c*ck"

Reply to
Nige

Cafe Mickey etc!

If going to Paris or Disneyland Paris camp at the Paris International site then go on the train.Great experience..and as cheap as chips...

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

Doing a full tour of France this year, dont fancy all those miles in the Subaru, great for middle distance driving, bit wearing for long distance!

If i can ever persuade the wife to get a nice Rangie I'll be driving that.

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"Christ's fat c*ck"

Reply to
Nige

In message , Nige writes

Can fully recommend a Disco II for long motorway runs.

I just happen to be selling the one we took ;-)

Reply to
Marc Draper

In message , Nige writes

Exactly what we did.

It is all part of the Disney experience.....At least they smile when they take your money.

Reply to
Marc Draper

Subaru, great for middle

It's the petrol that costs the most when touring is the Subaru a petrol guzzler. A couple of years ago we toured all Europe in a Peugeot 806 .Yes 4 people slept in it comfortably (saving on camping bills) but the fuel costs were terrible.It was when it was so hot thousands of people died through heat exhaustion and we travelled mainly at night through France as it was cooler. But a brilliant experience and planning another tour around Europe in my series 3 when I have saved enough for fuel.......

Adrian Ford

Reply to
Adrian Ford

In France proper (not Paris or Calais to Paris Autoroute) there are plenty of Landies. There are 2 LR dealers within 50km of my place in Normandy. The one in Caen is the normal Main Dealer rip off, but the one in St Lo is very helpful and knowledgable, and the service manager is a Merkin.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

On or around Wed, 23 Mar 2005 18:51:37 +0000, Colonel Tupperware enlightened us thusly:

coo. p'raps it's worth emigrating to France after all.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Elsewhere you claim to have a 2000 model Mercedes M class, so why would you want to...? No, forget it. It doesn't matter.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Sorry mate? I have not claimed anything, I have had an option to buy two different ML320 & 430's but not actually bought one yet?

Dunno what you're on about! Anyway, the wife wants to keep the Audi, so jobs fubar anyhow!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"Christ's fat c*ck"

Reply to
Nige

Quote from you in the Mercedes group from the 25th:-

"Mines a 2000 UK model."

Although on the 13th you do say that you are thinking of one. From your quote above I thought you had bought it. It's called adding two and two to make four.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Now, that last post was a real mess!