Landrovers on the Mull of Kintyre

Do any Landrovers owners here live on the Mull of Kintyre? We're moving that way shortly and it'd be good to get the low-down on local places for spares and MOT work (and where to avoid) plus maybe meet up for some off-roading.

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland

You come down to Summer Camp a day early and let us do the work :)

Reply to
Niamh Holding

Not sure if I fancy coming all the way down to Geoff's in a Series Landrover though. It was a bit of an endurance trip bringing it north to Scotland in the first place.

Cheers Gary

Reply to
Gary Sutherland

We'd happily come up and do the work, our mileage rates are very reassuring :)

Reply to
Niamh Holding

Button bashing in practice for another round of Daley Thompson's Decathlon, Gary Sutherland left Shakespeare to the monkeys by typing...

Endurance trip? I fetched my '67 100" V8 from London (to NE Scotland) in the middle of summer (35degC+ losing a stone on the drive) and it was a pleasure (well, apart from all those BMW/Merc/Porsche drivers straying into the LR lane). And Bristol in October - we'd use the Golf, but one of the in-laws' neighbour's cats shat on the mat (garden) so a little midnight trialling (open pipes and we'll take a spare set of tyres (Mudpluggas)) is called for... Hofficer, it's a Landrover - they're easy to twoc! And an on-demand oil leak (upside-down gear-oil bottle) to complete the job..

If you need 2nd-hand spares that can be posted (SII/III) I've got lots ("down-sizing" the "fleet") - just ask - and if you wanted handbrake adjuster bits and still want them, email.

Oh, and I missed Macca at Glastonbury (boohoo) - 3days on the "Other Stage". Oh woe is me, oh woe, oh woe. I know this is OT but MoK still breaks me out in a cold sweat when it's mentioned near him....

Reply to
weallhatebillgates