Latest Rangie problem!

'88 RR 3.5, efi, auto, petrol/lpg

On my first post in this group I said I had many problems! Thought I'd spread them out tho'

Latest oddity.... A strange noise that seems to come from under the car. Like a mid-pitch howl that occurs on acceleration. It sounds sort of like blowing over a bottle neck, could it be coming from the plenum chamber? from the manual it looks like there are tube-like things in there that may be creating the howl? ..or transmission? the pitch doesn't change but it does 'seem' to get more pronounced when under acceleration and dies off when I lift off.

Thanks for all your comments, nice to use a group with such helpful suggestions rather than constant flaming!

Dave

Reply to
Dave Wheatley