Leaking Rear Hub seals

Hi all

Would EP90 leaking from the rear hub indicate that both the inner and outer hub seals (and seal track spacer ?) would require replacing?

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Jeff uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Or a blocked breather.

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I should have said that the breather is OK, and it is an early Disco.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

With my 90, after changing the axle bresther and buying the bits to replace the seals I found it was simply the axle end caps that had rotted (they are push on plastic domes on a 90), the seals keep in the wheel bearing grease not the EP90.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

"> With my 90, after changing the axle bresther and buying the bits to replace

I should have said that it is a Disco that has a 'normal' inner and outer seal, one each side of the bearing.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

In a word - yes! It's usually the inner seal that's the problem.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

">> Would EP90 leaking from the rear hub indicate that both the inner and outer

Thanks Richard,

I've been trying to get through to you on the phone to place and order, but no reply. When is the best time to call?

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

"> Thanks Richard,

Belay that, I got through Ok.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

We're having a slightly busy day.....and we've run out of milk!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Disaster...black coffee far too much for a busy day.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Still not got the screws etc matey!!

Reply to
Nige

Thet are in the tender loving care of ANC. If their dammed site was so awful I could tell you where they are.......

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

it's wise man that knows where his screws are.

Reply to
William Tasso

So has a 90 to keep in the bearing grease, and it has those damn plastic end caps on the axle that let out the axle oil when they rot/crack.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Richard

Bits arrived safely first thing, thanks for the fast service.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff