Leaky Fuel Tank

Buggritt!

Fuel tank leaking, looks to be coming from beneath the lower second skin (skid plate) so almost impossible to bodge.

I may be able to scrounge a tank from a later (L reg) 3.9, but suspect the tanks are not identical (parts lists mention single vent or multi vent).

Anyone have any idea whether I can fit a later tank into an early 3.5 efi.

Failing that, anyone got a cheap tank knocking about anywhere?

TIA

David

1986 efi Classic RR
Reply to
rads

Efi's (up to HA464554 when the plastic tank came in) are all multi-vent ESR2000.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

I know this should be the case, but just spent a few minutes under mine, and if the vents are all supposed to be in roughly the same area of the tank as advised, I really can only see one (located approximately above and forward of the main tank filler inlet).

Mine does seem quite an early efi. It still has the vertical grill, for example, and has caught parts guys out before...

If I do end up finding a cheap multi-vent tank (assuming mine really is single vent), can I just block up the extra vents?

David

Reply to
rads

Sounds like someone's been playing..... ;-)

I can't see why not if done properly.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd