LED bulbs for autobox lever plinth (pantelis)

People Hi again,

on the same time that I carried out the interior light conversion have also converted the ordinary lamps on the autobox lever plinth (where the gear indicator letters and numbers are).

Out went the 10 Watts ordinary lamps and in came a pair of LED wedge type bulbs.

The difference in the heat emitted through the plinth has to be feld to be believed. With the ordinary lamps you could simply not touch the plinth for a long time. After fitting the LEDs it is almost cold.

Up to now I have had no problem with that conversion also.

Only minor drawback is that the light is a bit dimmer than with the 10 Watts lamps. But it is the same as with the factory fitted 5 Watts lamps that were again creating a very hot surface on the plinth.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Fortunately, LEDs are available with a variety of outputs.

Perhaps there's something suitable here:

William Tasso

William Hi,

the ones I used are indeed superbright ones. BUT there is a small limitation on the angle that LED lamps can provide their light.

Due to the specific desigh of the cavities where the bulbs are inserted in the plinth there is problem with the outermost indications.

But then again all them are clearly visible during night driving.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

sounds like a perfect solution.