LED bulbs for D90/110 vehicles

People Hi,

some time ago we were discussing the topic of replacing the conventional bulbs on side, stop and flasher lights on D90 and D110 vehicles with LEDs.

I would be grateful if you could advise me of the source and types required so as to have a complete set of replacement LED bulbs for front and rear side lights, flashers (front, rear and side ones) and side lights/stop lights for the rear .

Alternatively if a fellow lister can provide me with a full set I will be more than happy to hear directly from you at snipped-for-privacy@REMOVETHISotenet.gr

Thanks for your kind input and suggestions Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

How do you do?

Mr Shackles recently recommended[1] this firm:

Depending on application you will probably need a load resister in circuit for the flashers.

[1] in the thread which starts here:
$0$32462$ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net%3E
Reply to
William Tasso

On or around Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:08:08 -0000, "William Tasso" enlightened us thusly:

either that or surgery on the flasher unit. Depending on which one it is, and if you can get the data for the chip, you can cut the track to the bulb outage sensor - this will get you normal flashing speeds without faffing around with resistors.

in theory, you should be able to "reprogram" the bulb outage - it's done by selecting a suitable resistance for the flasher circuit. However, the difference in current might be tricky as the currents are much smaller than the normal ones you expect with bulbs.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

"Austin > >>

There's also:

but I haven't used 'em yet. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

William and Austin thanks for the swift reply and the information.

Take care Pantelis

$0$32462$ snipped-for-privacy@master.news.zetnet.net%3E> --

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

On or around Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:32:31 +0000 (UTC), "TonyB" enlightened us thusly:

I was a bit miffed that they sell stuff for more UKP than superbright sell the same items for USD. If they're importing from the states and reselling that's hardly surprising. If they're sourcing elsewhere, then buggrem.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

'aving compared prices on their Luxeon stuff against even Farnell, they are pretty pricey. Like almopst double.

Steve

Reply to
steve