Life with a TD5 Disco

Well it's been a few weeks since my 'TD5 lean' post. Good news is suspension appears to be behaving itself and has not lent since then.

I like the climate control, makes getting back to the car from a long slog round an old mine very nice indeed, specially when it's 30C outside!. Very comfy to drive apart from an annoying wobble on the steering at 45mph. Is it me or do the doors not open as far as the old Discos. Must check against the old one that is forelornly sat in the field as i type this.

The only thing which has puzzled me happened last night. Got in, started it up, left it idleing while i sorted out me phone and pulled out onto the main road. It would not accelerate at all and was very noisey. After about 10 secs or so it cleared it's throat and off it went. When the car is hot it's fine. I'm guessing it's because it was cold. Now my works van does this but is alot quieter and when the garage checked the van out they found nothing wrong. So tonight got home and had a look see under the bonnet. Couldn't see too much what with all the covers in place, but i did check air filter (new) and had a quick ckeck of the turbo (looked ok, no split hoses etc). Plenty of oil in it as well. Just been for a blast and it was ok. Oil pressure light goes out as soon as it's started as well, i had visions of the falling off oil pump pulley problem!.

Dom J

Reply to
Dom J

I'll swap you two auto RRC's - one 3.5 and the other 3.9 - for it. Oh, and you must deliver it to me!!!

I presume that you will be travelling to Wales in it in November?? Maybe I'll offer to transport Mr C in the 3.9 to show him what a proper car sounds like.

Richard ;-)

Reply to
Richard

Not sure yet Richard, i'll explain all later!. As for swapping, no chance. You still not got rid of your fleet yet??.

Dom

Reply to
Dom J