Lift pump leak

Hi All, I have a small leak from my 2.5 (x Sherpa van diesel) engine lift pump. It only seems to leak whilst the engine is running and is dripping slowly onto the Oil filter. I have checked the connections to the pump itseld, and they seem tight enough. Any further suggestions as to where the leak could be coming from?

Thanks in advance

David

Reply to
DaveJ

It's comming fron the union between the lift pump and the block, the gasket alone wasn't enough on my 200tdi when I replaced the lift pump so I had to remove it again and put silicone on either side of the gasket. Stopped the leak completely and now I have a clean drive. Hope this helps, Fergus

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

Thanks alot, I'll have a tinker and see what happens

David

Reply to
DaveJ