Light weight

Hi Guys

As I said in a previous post (where I got some extremlly useful replies, thanks) I'm looking at buying a series 2 Land Rover. I've seen a light weight on E-bay, can people please tell me if I;

a) Need to look for anything on a light weight I don't on an ordinary Land Rover.

b) What are they like compared to a normal Land Rover, I know some one at work who says they often have unusal gearing, and wiring.

And lastly c) how easy is it to get parts for them, obviously the wings, and the wheel arches are differnt than a standard series 2, how difficult are they to get? how many parts does the vehicle share with a standard Land Rover?

Thanks, Philip

Reply to
<phil.overbury

the lightweight is actually heavier than a 90. as far as I know all the mechanical bits are standard military series

2 or 3 as appropriate, fuel tanks are unique as are all body panels ( I think). I believe the wiring is standard military as per series 2 or 3.

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP