loc code for the radio

Hell all , can anyone tell me what the loc code for a radio would b or ware to find out ?? it is in an 1989 Landrover rangeRover.. teh radio says range rover By Clarion Part # 7604 Part # 286-7187-00 and a serial # of

0000785 thanks so much !!!

Bill

W.Rowe

Your LR dealer should be able to tell you. Makes sure you also have the VIN number to give him as well or he might think you nicked it. . . . . . .

Reply to
Exit

I agree with Exit, go to the dealer, any "Ford" owned car company has the lock codes on a database, even for older cars, may cost U £5-10 tho, I had to do the same for my Sierra (a while back) after I the changed battery , and the stereo forgot who it was.

If the code they give you doesn't work, most dealers know someone who will legally recode it for about £15-20

Reply to
Me

If you are REALLY lucky, it may be noted in the service book or the instruction book for the radio - or even felt-tipped on the case (remove radio from dash).

Failing that, most car-audio dealers and second hand suppliers will recode.

Mike.

Reply to
Mike Buckley

Yep, can't dis'gree with that advice either

Reply to
Me

ok thanks all !!! i will see what i can do for the owner !

Reply to
Bill Rowe