lock diagnostics on a Disco...

Hi peeps.

I'm hoping someone can help me here, as this is a bit frustrating.

The passenger side lock on my 300Tdi Disco is a bit borked. Using central locking, I can see the knob rise (fnar!), but if you try to open the door usign either handle, there's a click, like something clicking into place, and it behaves as though it's locked. Similar behaviour when you lift the knob and let go, or if you unlock with the key. The only way to open the door is by holding the knob up or keeping the key turned all the way whilst operating the handle.

Since I noticed it only using central locking, I replaced the servo[1] without doing any more diagnostics, but now I don't think it's that. I'm hoping I don't have to replace the lock, because that looks like a real git of a job.

Anyone come accross this before?

Cheers, Aled.

[1] Using the one from Maplins. My god is quieter than the original. So much so, I'm considering replacing the other two as well.
Reply to
Aled