LPG switch wiring colours

I'm trying to wire in an LPG changeover switch to the 101 and I cant remember exactly which wire is what nor find the instruction book!

am i right in saying this:

brown - coil black - gnd red - +12v supply for switch blue - LPG solenoids yellow - petrol cut off white - gauge green - gauge

how does the fuel cut off (yellow) wire behave? Does it gnd on petrol or gas?

Reply to
Tom Woods

All correct if its the simple carb switch but yellow - petrol on white - gauge green - gauge not normally used unless you are using a 90 ohm sender

The yellow is a power +ve for fuel pump and or petrol valve supplied with kit and not fuel cut off

Paul

Emelita Cullip

thanks. It will cut the fuel pump off if i wire a relay up to it properly!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Nedavno Emelita Cullip napisa:

I have this simple carb switch and I want to add a gauge to how much LPG I have in the tank. So I should use white and ground? And what is the minimum and maximum resistance (empty / full tank)?

Reply to
Yvan

the gauge i just stuck on my tank is a 0-90ohm IIRC. says to use just white in the instructions though im pretty sure both white and green were connected together on my other car.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Nedavno Tom Woods napisa:

Like this:

-------white---- gauge ----green-----------

or like this:

-------white--- gauge -----earth

-------green---

(I hope this ASCI graphic turns OK)

Reply to
Yvan

Like that, but they are joined at the back of the switch unit.

The instructions for my gauge just say to connect the white wire and leave the green unconnected though.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Nedavno Tom Woods napisa:

OK. Thank you.