LR 90 V8 Cooling Drain/Refill

Hi

I've a 1985 90 V8 and want to drain, flush and refill the cooling system.

I had a look at the weekend but couldn't find the right engine block drain, buggers at Solihull hid it behind the manifold, so not sure I can properly drain it down. Also as the heater seems higher than the header tank and the pipes feed into the top how do you get all the water out of that and it flushed through properly?

Lastly is it necessary to bleed the system at any pipework anywhere as is there a risk of air pockets, particularly with the heater system being where it is.

Thanx

Jay

Reply to
Jay Hendry

Disconnect the bottom hose from the rad.

You should find your garden hose is a similar diameter... it fits nicely on the heater ,, disconnect the other and hey presto.

Yes, I have to do this on the 101.... disconect 1 heater hose (which ever is highest on the system while the engine is running from cool. Once waterr splutters forth you have bled the system...but remember ... it's a Landrover... warth is for wusses ;0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Warth? I'm lost in translation.

Reply to
Jack

It's what happens when your lips freeze together....or your fingers when typing ;0)

I think I meant warmth.... but then who knows :0)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D