LR Advert

Hi

Does anyone out there have a link to the story re the disgruntled customer who placed a full page advert in one of the Cape Town newspapers re his new Range Rover?

My dad told me about it but I cannot find an online link.

Regards Stephen

Reply to
fanie

Hyundai's response...

'Use Hyundai,' Landy owner told

14/03/2005 11:23 - (SA) Cape Town - A rival motor dealer has a cheeky response to a Land Rover driver's half-page complaint about his vehicle in a Cape Town newspaper last week. In its own half-page ad, Hyundai is offering disgruntled Capetonian Andy Gray the use of a Hyundai Terracan free of charge while he waits to get his Land Rover back. Gray paid for the Cape Times to print his complaint in magenta type as an "Open letter to the managing director of Land Rover South Africa", in which he accused the company of poor service after his Range Rover broke down in the Karoo. On Monday, Hyundai Automotive South Africa placed its own half-page, magenta type ad in the newspaper, headed "Open reply to disgruntled 4x4 owner", offering Gray the use of the Terracan for a month. "You're obviously on the road quite a bit, Mr Gray. So you'll be happy to know that the over $240m we've spent on perfecting the Terracan has resulted in a vehicle that seamlessly combines the comfort of a luxury passenger car with the utility and ruggedness of a serious off-roader," reads the letter, signed by Hyundai marketing director Stanley Anderson. Robert Thompson, manager of Hyundai's Paarden Eiland branch, where Gray has been told he may pick up his loan vehicle, said on Monday morning that he had not yet had any response from Gray, who he understood was out of the country at the moment. "But I did get a lot of response from other people," he said. "They said they're very happy that someone out there's willing to help, that it's a very good gesture that you're doing. We got a lot of good out of it."
Reply to
Landynut

Mr Grey should be happy that he did not have to deal with Jurie Swart Motors in Cape Town.

Reply to
Uli

Reply to
jamsan