LR Discovery Suspension

Hi all, thank for advice received so far, it really helps.

Next job, suspension.

I want to replace the springs and shock absorbers on my 1995 3.9 V8iES and would appreciate advice on what to fit and where to get it from.

Given my grossly inexperienced status it seems sensible to buy a "kit" including bushes, nuts and bolts etc.

I am aware of "polybushes" but don't really know what they are.

Confidence and understanding of my Discovery is growing now that my 16 year old son and I have given the old Disco a better service than it has probably ever had so while we are still bursting with pride and enthusiasm we want to tackle the suspension.

One last thing.... I tow a trailer weighing 2 tons a lot of the time so need uprated suspension at the back.

Thanks

Les

PS. This is the third time I have posted this, the first vanished into thin air. I see someone has been posting test messages as they too seem to have a similar problem.

Reply to
Dadio

Crikey mate, three times for one post?

-- Subaru WRX (Annabel)

Landrover 110 County Station Wagon (Tyson)

'"Say hello to my little friend"

Reply to
Nige

either dump ntl or subscribe to newsgroups using news.individual.net , a google should find their registration site.

I did both in the wrong order but am much less stressed now.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Dadio came up with the following;:

Nope, wrong, AGAIN ... and only 2 minutes later this time.

Fuckwittedness knows few boundaries ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Your multiple postings are making it 12000 miles across the world where they're reallu beginning to annoy me. I'd suggest that you stop your multiple postings otherwise you may find that (at the best) people stop being helpful, and at the worst they get downright nasty.

You've done this twice now, so it's third time unlucky for you - pull this stunt again and the fun will really start.

Reply to
EMB

Thanks Paul, another well informed comment, but you are a little ahead of yourself. The term 'f****it' is a newsgroup term for someone who REPEATEDLY and CONSISTANTLY proves themselves to be impervious to knowledge, enlightenment or advice.

I have not been around this newsgroup long enough to qualify.

What about the subject of the post?

Does anyone have an informed comment about suspension that would actually help me?

We all have to start somewhere.

Les

Reply to
Dadio

Paul are you hormonal at the moment? Not a nice thing to say.

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw

so Dadio was, like...

Les, may I suggest that you get your posting problem sorted out using one of the alt.test newsgroups, and then come back with your suspension query? Fresh start and all that.

Your query is a valid one, and you will get a lot of help and interesting responses from this group. However, repeatedly using a specific newsgroup as a test-bed for your news program and/or news server won't make you many friends here.

I think you'll find we interpret the term f****it quite broadly here :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Thanks Richard, in my own defence I think I am being hit a bit hard here. It is NOT me that is posting the test messages, I do, however, sympathise with the person who is. Of course it is rather out of order to use this newsgroup as a test bed for a news server or program, looking through recent posts, even the "test" ones, does not suggest that anyone is. Some posters are having a problem, however, and it is reasonable to allow them a bit of leeway so that they might sort it out.

When I post to news groups other than this one, messages appear quickly and reliably. I am quite new to this specific newsgroup and I have found that sometimes posts simply do not appear, at least not visibly to me. If after waiting a few minutes my post has not appeared, I re-post and hey presto, it works.

Only on one occasion (my post re- Suspension) has a duplicate post appeared (this one was actually sent three times). This is irritating for all of us.

Les

Reply to
Dadio

so Dadio was, like...

Fair enough. I wonder if you are being patient enough (take that the right way). When I started on this ng a while ago, using the BT news server, posts could take anything up to 6 hours to appear, but they all did eventually. Now I use news.individual.net and it's instant.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

get over it and tell the man what he want's to know if u can

Reply to
troy

Bloody hell take him out and shoot him!! Err hang on a minute its not his fault that he chose a crap ISP whos NG posting is causing loads of people trouble and frustration. I had it for a while with TISCALI (spit spit) but it's got better. Posts still take up to 1 min to appear. At least they dont send multiple ones.

Peter.

Reply to
Pete S

Dadio came up with the following;:

This was in reply to your third similar posting ... if the cap fits .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Andrew Renshaw came up with the following;:

Something like that.

But then it wasn't meant to be nice either. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

He could wait a month they still won't appear for him, It's an Ntl characteristic and I found only applicable to a very few selected newsgroups. This being one of them. Other alt.'s are ok so the testing issue sadly is flawed. Frustrating for all concerned.

When I had the same problems I had to rely on google groups to read my own posts and replies. Also alot of other non ntl posters posts would be intermitently missing from the ntl server yet perfectly visible (I later found) via news.individual.net.

They don't call it Nthell for nothing.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Dadio came up with the following;:

Following the post from Lee D ....

Paul - xxx

Tiscali is the same, I often find posts missing, a new post will begin with Re and the first post is usualy there before the answer. I tried News.individual.net 'till they wanted to charge.

Peter.

Reply to
Pete S