LR Fire Engine

Does any one know of a Land Rover fire appliance for sale?

Needed for a youth training scheme.

Thanks

Reply to
murph

There may be a red 101 ambi going soon too...

I have the keys - it's ready for you to try. Warren gave it a fair run up a few hills - it sounds quite nice actually, but has yet to pass the Hillsborough test :-)

Give me a call to let me know when you may be coming down - there's no real rush though as there's still a few spares I need to nick off it...

I've put your back lock on BTW, but haven't looked at the mechanism itself - this is pretty straightforward and shouldn't take you long to sort. I'll be getting some stuph from Paddocks tomorrow, do you need anything, like glazing strip, door mechanisms and locks?

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Phew. If it had been a bit less I might have had a serious marital problem...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

LROI has a couple this month

Reply to
jj

Try Firefly...

cheers

Dave W.

Dave White

No email on this box at present (I'm VNCing in)...

Shall we ensure that your 101 is running properly before taking on such an expedition? RAC lad, nice though he is, may have trouble getting there :-)

Gissa call on 't mobile if you want anything from Paddocks, I'll be back here mid PM.

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

My pass is signed for most of the day tomorrow. I have MiL duty on Sunday (I'd happily be stranded in a layby during that one).

Don't think I need owt from Paddocks just now. At some stage I'd like to replace the locks on the Series 2 AND the 101 with a common keyset, but for now I'll do what I can to get the locks off the doors (failed miserably at my first brief attempt) and check them out. The locks are OK, so new barrels will probably sort it.

Next job for Warren is the Series 2 I think. Hopefully that won't be such a challenge. I've also got the Discovery booked in for MoT and service. I hope I'm not trespassing on your valuable workshop resource! At least we know he's not going out of business any time soon.

P.S. Don't you have Webmail / Neomail?

P.P.S. and very O.T. - just got a very nifty wireless printserver which has a POP3 client built in - automatically prints e-mails when they arrive.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

No problem ;-)

My Treo doesn't handle SSL too well - so I don't allow it to do email via VNC - and haven't reinstalled the email client on it yet, or SSH, which is lazy rather than anything else... Time, oh time, Tim... :-)

Another deathblow for the concept of the 'paperless office'!

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

If she is anything like my missus, shouldn't it be "kicks in just before she kicks off.....!!!!!" (Ow Ow Ow ouch.....)!!!

-- Simon Isaacs

Peterborough 4x4 Club Chairman and Webmaster

3.5V8 100" Hybrid Suzuki SJ410 (Girlfirend) Series 3 88" Rolling chassis...what to do next Pug 106 (offroaded once!!)
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

If you can, try and get an appliance with a working pump, and small on board water tank ................. that way you will be exempt for road tax as this will be deemed an emergency appliance !!

There certainly are Firefighting Landrovers about, but they are rather like Rocking Horse Poo .................. and tend to bought up by 'insiders'

Ex Insider

Mick

Reply to
AndWhyNot

Reply to
Richard Lock

They preserve pine trees too ;-)

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530